[tArD]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mesmer In GvG

4 posters

Go down

Mesmer In GvG Empty Mesmer In GvG

Post by Tearz Wed 27 Feb - 22:28

Focusing on Domination since that's the most popular atm and we use it in our main build right now Very Happy KEEP IN MIND I AM NOT AN EXPERT BUT WANTED TO SHARE WHAT IS EXPECTED OF A MESMER.

Diversion. Power Leak. Shatter Enchantment. Power Drain. What do these skills have in common? They all kick ass. As a mesmer, you are expected to divert Blinding Surge, Shatter Enchant on spikes, interrupt Aegis, divert WoH, divert RC, divert Spirit bond, create pressure on the monks, and with some builds keep Ward Against Melee up. Doesn't sound easy? That's because it isn't. Most people don't even realize how difficult mesmer is until you play it. To make things worse, you are a key target for interrupts from both the mesmer and the ranger. So how do you do it right? Well, to make things easier to take in, I'll split it up into three sections: Shutdown, Spiking, and Pressure.

Shutdown
As a mesmer, you are expected to be able to safely interrupt 1 second cast times with power leak. Perfect scenario: a monk is using Guardian, you interrupt the monk with power leak, he's just lost 24 energy since power leak takes 19 and the initial 5 from Guardian. Unlike Eles, monks have ~45-47 in their 40/40 sets and around 67 in their high sets, so -24 is not anything to laugh about. Speaking of eles, interrupting Ward Against Melee is incredibly important, as well as Air Attunement even though it doesn't seem like it will do very much. Ele energy go boom Very Happy

Another part of shutdown is Diversion. To become good at this, play other professions. No, I'm serious. Learning the recharge times, cast times, and what each skill does is key to catching important skills with Diversion. Skills like Blinding Surge, Word of Healing, and Restore Condition are all extremely useful skills with relatively fast cast times and extremely short recharges. If you don't try to Diversion this, then you really need to get help.

Finally, the last key part of shutdown is listening to your team on vent. If the monks are getting out-pressured by the mind blast ele or the diversion-spam bitch then you should try to interrupt or divert the skills that are creating the most pressure. Also, REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN INTERRUPT CHANTS! Catching a Song of Restoration or DA with Power Leak is great Very Happy

Spiking

As a mesmer, you aren't expected to score kills on targets, but you should still shatter the target since Aegis > melee. What you are expected to do is put Diversion on a monk so their choice is to make the target die or get a skill diverted... Not much to go into for this except for the most enjoyable thing to do as a mesmer. If you're spiking a monk, use power leak as soon as they get up. No, I'm not stupid. 90% of monks will use a skill as soon as they get up. Power Leaking Spirit Bond is gud Very Happy Also dont wand the spike target...

Pressure

This is definitely the part where listening and keeping your eyes open is key. If the monks on vent are being outpressured, you need to flip the brain switch on and start to do the 3 D's: Divert, Disrupt, and Defense. Put diversion on the casters, including ranger if he's crip shot because that can be one of the most dangerous skills for a retreating team. Disrupt skills like Diversion on a mesmer and Gale on an ele so your monks can regain position as well as energy. If you are a Me/E with ward/gale, start focusing on keeping ward up on recharge and Gale'ing Wars and Rangers.

If you divert something like WoH, get OFF THE WOH!!! Spam Diversion on the RC, because the WoH is pretty much useless besides Prot Spirit which is easily removed in the current meta and Dismiss Condition which doesnt make much of a difference. The RC has ~4 1/4 sec cast time skills, so it should be pretty easy to get something. Also, stop diversioning the ele if he's anything but BSurge because the only other thing he has is ward and, from experience, rangers usually interrupt this anyways so you might as well focus on the monks. Again, if you have Gale, Gale the hell out of everyone you can, but try to not Gale the Wars since they should be backline'ing anyways.

*** More to come later when I have the time***

Last edited by Tearz on Thu 28 Feb - 19:31; edited 2 times in total

Tearz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 209
IGN : Tearz Of Magyk
Registration date : 2006-12-16

Back to top Go down

Mesmer In GvG Empty Re: Mesmer In GvG

Post by Rice Wed 27 Feb - 23:12

nice....acatually was quite nice tearz...didn't know you were such a writer...like your opening and transitions..XP this is really helpful though and my next reaward points are going toward a mesmer..with 1.5k kurz i think..any sheild/wep/armor ideas since u know whats up in a mes?

Rice
tArD
tArD

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tearz Thu 28 Feb - 18:57

get 15k kurzick so you can be sexy like me... weapons dont matter because you'll look like me which automatically makes you sexier than 98% of mesmers

Tearz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 209
IGN : Tearz Of Magyk
Registration date : 2006-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by skye Thu 28 Feb - 23:25

gj tearz
skye