[tArD]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Energizing Wind Concept

4 posters

Go down

Energizing Wind Concept Empty Energizing Wind Concept

Post by fudgewaffle Fri 15 Dec - 23:20

Here's an idea I had centering around using Energizing Wind effectively for some high energy but spammable skills. It's a TA build but we might be able to adapt it to GvG if it works. By no means is it complete but i thought it might have potential.
The basic concept is as follows(I haven't worked out all the skills):

1 Bunny Thumper
Insert standard thumper skills here
He also has energizing wind for hopefully obvious reasons

2 Illusion Mesmer
Mantra of Recovery[E]
Conjure Nightmare
and some other Mesmer skills

3 Orders Necro
OoA[E]

4 Bonding Monk

The Thumper casts Energizing Wind, which allows the Mesmer to spam Conjure Nightmare for some nice degen pressure, the Thumper himself benefits from it when he uses Rampage as One and the Orders Necro can use OoA quite frequently as it normally costs 25 energy also. The monk is a bonding monk so that it hopefully reduces Energizing Wind's increased recharge time's effect.

fudgewaffle
tArD
tArD

Male
Number of posts : 86
Location : The Closet Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Winging, Surrey
IGN : Combat
Registration date : 2006-11-22

Back to top Go down

Energizing Wind Concept Empty Re: Energizing Wind Concept

Post by skye Sat 16 Dec - 2:14

the only prob with orders is that its only being used on 1 target, but i can see it working well in a gvg with a whole bunch fo thumpers..

ummm i think energizing wind is wilderness survival not beast mastery? so it might not work to well since ur gona want alot in beast and into expertise and hammer for thumper to work right.

Bonder is good generally when there is a nother monk too, since all it does is reduce damage, but it can't heal itself to well normally

the mesmer would need some type of energy management as well though or else he could only use conjure nightmare like 1-2times..
skye
skye

Male
Number of posts : 880
IGN : Broken Skye, Noobz Unite
Registration date : 2006-05-15

http://www.xanga.com/fishiesmustpay    - or something like that

Back to top Go down

Post by IceNutz Sat 16 Dec - 7:41

energizing wind is bm which is why he used a thumper for that. and conjure nightmare costs 10e with it so yeah you'd prbly need some e-management, but the build looks unfished so far lol. Hmmm would probably have to be a modified bonding monk (of course Razz) It should be a workable concept imo. I agree a second monk would be helpful, maybe a woh monk or a healing dervish with imbue health to make sure the bonder doesn't die.
IceNutz
IceNutz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 362
IGN : Doctor Sine
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tearz Sat 16 Dec - 18:28

Hey just saying, its a good idea, but the problem is that you did make it for TA. If you look at its possible strengths, they are quick damage spam. Now let's say that they have a mesmer. What would totally screw you over, leaving you defenseless and open to a fullout assault being killed in less then a minute? Diversion. The problem with spam is that it is easily predictable what skill you would use next. If you tried to spam thumper skills, all it takes is a diversion on hammer bash to kill you. Orders makes the thumper powerful, and mesmer puts pressure on the monks so the thumper can kill them, but what happens with the thumper? It's a melee character, so it is open to blind, it spams skills, so it's open to being diversioned, and it has a pet, which can be killed to temporarily disable ur skills for 8 secs. All it takes is one of those to destroy your offense, and also you don't have enough defense to make this okay. The orders and the mesmer are buffers, so they cant really do much to help the bonder. Sad

Sorry I was so hard on your build, but I want you to use these weaknessses and turn them into strength's Very Happy This build has a GREAT concept though, dont get me wrong. I'd gladly try this with you. I'm a monk at heart, so I try to find all the defensive weaknesses before offensive, but in this case, since it's a pressure build, I looked at offense first. Also, scratch the bonder. Doesn't work in TA or GvG anymore. Trust me, IVE TRIED! jocolor Anyways I think you might wanna just look at some of the monk skills, so you can see what defensive healing capabilities a monk has with a specific build, then you can build off those capabilities with defensive things like Expel Hexes, Aegis, Extinguish, Draw Conditions, Heal Party, etc... Well good luck! afro

Tearz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 209
IGN : Tearz Of Magyk
Registration date : 2006-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by fudgewaffle Sun 17 Dec - 17:13

I literally threw my first post together in about 5 seconds just to kinda toss the concept out there. Glad to get feedback on the idea. After actually thinking about it for a little while and considering some of Tearz issues with it, I've come up with the following (Sorry I got a bit wordy):

1 D/R
I chose a Thumper because its use of Beast Mastery makes it synergize well with using Energizing Wind, however it really could be any high damage attacker as long as it provides EW. I'm thinking Dervish because 1.) OoA is gonna give it a buttload of free energy 2.) Avatar of Melandru to eliminate the effects of being blinded, also costs only 10 energy, also, as it is disabled instead of recharged, EW won't affect its recharge; 3.) By equipping Imbue Health the Dervish could provide added support for the monk and spike countering.

1 N/Mo
The Necro should use OoA often and equip a few curses spells for defense against melee. Monk secondary provides self-healing instead of Blood Magic in order to give the monk more support if you really need it.

1 E/Me
I thought a water Ele might be handy in this, but then i thought how much e-management the mesmer would need and decided to combine two functions. Ether Prism would be amazing with EW. Its first and foremost purpose is to spam Conjure Nightmare, as well as cast water hexes in between for cover hexes and defense. Also, to eliminate screwing over of the spammable skill, simple solution would be arcane echo to use whenever you get diversioned the echo would end in <20 seconds anyway allowing you to continue using your real copy and echo it again once its recharged. Blurred Vision would give some defense as well as a cover hex and Vapor Blade would work well with OoA for more offense so that your offense doesn't rely on just the Dervish. As it uses Illusion, Distortion can be used effectively for added defense.

1 Monk
The monks job in this case is to combat hexes and conditions as well as maintaining the party's health at a reasonable level, remember the dervish's job is spike recovery. I can't decide between Blessed Light or Divert Hexes.

I think this setup eliminates some of the original idea's major flaws and provides more synergy with high energy skills and EW.

Once again this was mostly a concept but I thought it wiser to work out the flaws in the concept before moving on to flaws with the usage of specific skills.

Lemme know what you think. Question

fudgewaffle
tArD
tArD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fudgewaffle Mon 18 Dec - 22:03

And................................Builds!

D/R

Victorious Sweep
Wounding Strike
Balthazar's Spirit
Heart of Fury
Imbue Health
Energizing Wind
Res Sig

Scythe Mastery: 12+1+1
Mysticism: 10+2
Beast Mastery: 8

Usage: Cast Energizing Wind in a VERY safe place before combat. Cast Melandru. Use of Heart of Fury and Balthazar's Spirit whenever possible. Use Imbue Health when someone's about to die. E-management comes from Order of Apostacy ending.

N/Mo
Order of Apostacy[E]
Faintheartedness
Shadow of Fear
Vampiric Gaze
Blood Renewal
Healing Breeze
Infuse Health
Resurrection Chant

Curses: 12 + 3 + 1
Blood Magic: 7 + 1
Healing Prayers: 4
Soul Reaping: 10 + 1

Usage: Keep Order of Apostacy up whenever possible. Cast Blood Renewal and Healing Breeze for +10 regen to maintain your health, Vamp Gaze if you really need it. Use Faintheartedness and Shadow of Fear if you experience trouble with meleers. Infuse Health is a drop dead "I must save the monk!!" skill just in case.

E/Me
Conjure Nightmare
Conjure Phantasm
Arcane Echo
Blurred Vision
Ether Prism[E]
Vapor Blade
Deep Freeze
Res Sig

Illusion Magic: 10
Energy Management: 10+1+1
Water Magic: 11 + whatever

Usage: Spam the heck out of Conjure Nightmare. If you foresee an opponent using a Diversion-like skill to stop the spam, Arcane Echo it just in case. If worse comes to worse Conjure Phantasm is backup. Phantasm can also be used to add more pressure. Fill in the spaces with Blurred Vision and Deep Freeze as defense/cover hexes. Whenever you're at about half energy, use Ether Prism.

Mo/A
Gift of Health
Dismiss Condition
Signet of Devotion
Divert Hexes[E]
Return
Dark Escape
Shield of Absorbtion
Protective Spirit

Divine Favor: 9+1
Healing Prayers: 8+1
Protection Prayers: 12+1+3
Shadow Arts: 4

Usage: Use Dark Escape and Return as a normal Escaping Monk would. Maintain health with Gift of Health and Signet of Devotion. Use Prot Spirit to prevent massive spike damage. Screw over degen builds with Divert Hexes and Dismiss Condition. And use Shield of Absorbtion whenever monks normally do because I have no clue because I didn't make this build up.

fudgewaffle
tArD
tArD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tearz Wed 20 Dec - 12:44

cheers Someone made a PWNING build! Lol seriously though I really like it. The only thing that I would change is have the N/Mo go N/Rt with Recovery and Life, as well as Mend Body and Soul and Spriit Transfer. N/Rt just because of Recovery though. Awesome build still!

Tearz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 209
IGN : Tearz Of Magyk
Registration date : 2006-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by skye Sat 23 Dec - 4:49

1. Good concept

2. with necro, u could take out healing breeze and shadow of fear, and put in some others like parasetic bond, life siphon(help for more degen), heal other, words of comfort, heal party( more assist)

3. snare+ degen = very frustrating = good

4.energizing wind might end up doing more bad than good to monk since all its skills are automacally gona be buffed to 10 energy, so the monks definitely gona have problems with energy.

Maybe a rit or a mesmer or necro/rt to add some heal (along with the n/mo and dervish) and damage?
skye
skye

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fudgewaffle Sat 23 Dec - 15:55

Skye, i swear we need to send you to Energizing Wind School. First you think its Wilderness Survival, now you think it increases energy cost. EW does not upgrade the cost of 5 energy skills to ten energy automatically, it simply reduces cost of anything higher than 10.

fudgewaffle
tArD
tArD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by skye Sun 24 Dec - 20:22

OMG lol... wow i mixed up energizing wind with quickening zephre... =( thats why eveyhting seemed so weird..
skye
skye

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down