[tArD]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranger in GvG (vimes I know you'll flame me)

3 posters

Go down

Ranger in GvG (vimes I know you'll flame me) Empty Ranger in GvG (vimes I know you'll flame me)

Post by Tearz Sat 1 Mar - 9:31

Okay Soooo I really don't want to split this topic up and I'm going to just write it... might come back later and make it look nice.

If you ask any top 50 ranger what their job is in GvG, they will say "to interrupt"... 2 minutes later after waiting for the rest of the message, you ask them what else? "not much" In GvG, the ranger should tab through targets with apply poison to try to get their entire team poisoned, which may not seem like much but -4 degen hurts. This also helps because if the RC and WoH try to remove from 7 people, thats 35 wasted energy just because you tabbed through targets. While tabbing, if you see any skill go up that you have a chance to interrupt, do it. Try to use savage shot on things like Aegis or paragon Chants because these naturally have a longer recharge so DShot is not used to its fullest potential here. However, if you see skills like Diversion, Shame, WoH, RC, or Ward Against Melee, use DShot if it's recharged because these skills can make or break a team. Unless you are going for RC, focus on the WoH monk because your mesmer should be harrassing the RC monk anyways.

A ranger trick that I find handy is using Crip Shot not just to cripple a target, but also to spread poison if they are running blockway with Aegis chains. Also, make sure you watch to see if the other team's runner is coming in, because if he does it is your responsibility to snare him. To spread poison faster, use savage shot on a different target after a regular bow attack on another to get 2 targets poisoned in the same amount of time for 4 energy. On spikes, use Sloth Hunter's Shot---> Savage Shot unless your build doesn't have Sloth Hunter's, in which case just use Savage.

If the other team is ganking, you need to split up the gank's skills into two categories: 1) the skills that will screw over you and your runner 2) the skills that will kill your NPCs. An example of 1 would be either Crip Shot or Shroud of Silence. Shroud of Silence is an obvious killer unless your runner knows what to do (which I will go into in a later thread), but not many people realize the potential of Crip Shot. If they are having a ranger, rt/a, and war or ele gank, the ranger might try to snare/interrupt your runner while the ele or war kills NPCs. If they have just started ganking, Crip Shot can snare your runner long enough to let the gank get a kill. DSHOT THIS SKILL! It's very easy if you use your brain and the speed should be around 1 sec or a little more, so be sure to interrupt it. If you can, try to get a warrior or ele to come back to harrass the gank and to run a flag.

Tactics are totally different against sinsplit. Interrupt the sins. If you break their combo, they are practically screwed. It's very difficult for teams to defeat this on their own, so BE SURE TO SEND BACK A WAR OR ELE! Even then, killing this gank is difficult, so if you think you won't be able to kill it, leave the war or ele at the stand for the hope of scoring kills there. Running a flag is useless here however because the sins will kill whoever is running it, so just let them get max morale and only cap if you are scoring kills.

As with all other professions, communication is key. If you are going to gank, say so. If you dshot WoH, say so.

Last edited by Tearz on Sat 1 Mar - 13:28; edited 1 time in total

Tearz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 209
IGN : Tearz Of Magyk
Registration date : 2006-12-16

Back to top Go down

Ranger in GvG (vimes I know you'll flame me) Empty Re: Ranger in GvG (vimes I know you'll flame me)

Post by IceNutz Sat 1 Mar - 9:41

vimes won't flame you... he never posts here Very Happy

i like these guides you are making Smile
IceNutz
IceNutz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 362
IGN : Doctor Sine
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Ranger in GvG (vimes I know you'll flame me) Empty Re: Ranger in GvG (vimes I know you'll flame me)

Post by skye Mon 3 Mar - 1:30

vimes looks at it sometimes though
skye
skye

Male
Number of posts : 880
IGN : Broken Skye, Noobz Unite
Registration date : 2006-05-15

http://www.xanga.com/fishiesmustpay    - or something like that

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down